Sunday, May 08, 2005

Blog competition with Warren Kinsella: an excerpt from my report

The following is an excerpt from my report which was released last fall. I added a few hyperlinks and notes. The original text is here .

Warren Kinsella was one of the recipients of my second release "Stolen Election " on Sunday July 18, 2004. He was chosen because, apparently, he did not like Paul Martin.


Kinsella the Liberal Insider


However, on Monday July 19, 2004, -- only one day after my email release, -- he seemed to be spinning my story already.

  • Attempted to paint me as some sort of unreasonable guy because I sued those professors who are much older than me.
  • Mentioned Chretien's good gesture toward Martin to counter the implication that my file played a role in the Liberal leadership transition.
  • Trivialized the conflict, or attributed the unsuccessful "rumor" about the defendant's daughter(s) and me to cultural differences.
  • Asked people to not care about my story even if my situation is desperate, knowing its potential explosiveness.

Then on Tuesday, July 20, 2004, he posted a JOB that requires Canadian citizenship. (Note: I called myself a jobless immigrant without privacy in my email release.) He also gave away his sense of relief that the House was not sitting! (Note: Indeed, Paul Martin postponed the opening of the Parliament after the election.)


Of course, his kissing up to the Martin camp was too obvious to everybody. To me – to a lot of other people as well, I guess -- it was a little too much.


Could he have known about my story so quickly from those individuals, or his own party (LPC)? I decided to wait and see.


By the following Monday July 26, 2004, I was reasonably sure he was bullying me via his blog, because on the day before (Sunday July 25, 2004), (1) somebody left a wrong-number message in our answering machine about paying-up some $400 personal debt; and (2) I went to Wal-Mart. – The two things he mentioned in his blog. Also, his link to an article of one of his female fans and his joke to use it to "get a better birthday present" out of his wife bear the familiar resemblance to the defendant's hate-inciting spin that I would somehow use Ms. Kate Weldon's telephone message in my answering machine for similar purpose. More on this point later when Mr. Kinsella posted a lyrical message on the subject of answering machine while ostensibly vacationing in the Jamaica.


I have long learned that stalkers' real goal was psychological violence. Most of the times, they will find ways to let you know that you are being stalked. The same is true with online or on-telephone stalking. Mr. Kinsella was obviously trying to bully me off the Internet. I was determined that I would not be intimidated this time. I decided to write my own blog.


Thus the ensuring "blog competition".


Blog Competition


Soon after my July 27 post which purposefully linked, for the first time, to his blog, Mr. Kinsella countered with a fluent article on the role of ethnic communities in Canadian politics. (Note: My blog entry said that journalists were on vacation; he opening sentence made a reference that the CBC editor was on vacation.) It was easy for me to respond because all I needed to point out was his ability to change political colors so rapidly. Of course, I hinted that I did not like to be watched or bullied, hoping he would stop doing that.


But then, the most troubling part of his article -- whose intended audience was me – was his use of the word imagined because the defendant, and Liberal Party of Canada, had tried to label me as delusional before.


I decided to throw him a bait on August 1 and quoted a famous sentence from US 9/11 Commission Report, where the key word was imagination. He took the bait easily and explained that he meant "I wonder if it is a real thing" the next day from Jamaica.


As pointed out above, I was very concerned by his post of the lyrics about answering machine from Jamaica. To me, it reflected exactly the same spirit as the "All-you-have-is-one-recording" false pronouncement by lawyer Mr. Ed Ng in November 2002 (See Chapter 6). They both carried the defendant's spin which reduced the whole conflict into one telephone message by Ms. Kate Weldon. As a self-described "white, middle class male" (July 21 blogpost) who bought into the defendant's spin, Mr. Kinsella's feeling toward me was most likely jealousy and hatred. And that hatred, I am sorry to say, had spread to others such as Adam Radwanski and, to a lesser extent, Pierre Bourque.


Dare I say it was probably the same hatred that had played a role in Cecilia Zhang abduction and murder?