Tuesday, May 10, 2005

This entry is written with dignity

Same old, same old.


That's the kind of response I got from Warren Kinsella after posting the excerpt on our blog competition last summer. -- On the one hand, he would not link to my blog to ensure justice for Cecilia Zhang would be delayed for another day. On the other hand, he put up a picture on his blog this morning (May 10, 2005) to bully and try to muzzle me.


So let's get this over with and talk about the picture(s). With dignity.


I call myself a jobless immigrant without privacy. It's a sad designation, but reflects my reality. As detailed in my report of the same, I had been bullied, harassed, stalked and threatened by individuals (or their agents), who have the connections to, and protection of, the federal government and ruling Liberal party. In particular, my telephone and Internet were monitored, and as a result, my online trading account was robbed on October 20-24, 2000, exactly three years before Cecilia Zhang's abduction.


When I wrote my report, I already had the suspicion that there might be surveillance device(s) in or around my apartment or building. The suspicion was a logical conclusion of things that had happened to me, such as a series of good-timing harassing phone calls I got within a week or so in September/October 2003. A couple of incidents in the spring and summer of 2003, which I did not incorporate into my report, suggested that such device(s) might have included a camera and that they might have taken pictures of me while I was naked inside my apartment.


Fast forward to last fall. I started my fast and protest on October 20, 2004, one year anniversary of Cecilia Zhang's abduction. On November 1, my brother-in-law asked to talk to me and it seemed that he was trying to deliver a message about the existence of such picture(s). In the next a couple of days, Warren Kinsella and Adam Radwanski – who was Kinsella's sidekick and whose nut-cracking is a (minor) story of another day - pretty much confirmed the same message through their blogs.


"November 4, 2004 – A picture is worth a thousand words." (Kinsella)


"November 2, 2004 … the best I can do is tell you to picture Franz Ferdinand's slightly scruffier, slightly punkier kid brothers. " (Radwanski)


On January 6, 2005, just one day after I published the summary of connections to Cecilia Zhang's abduction and murder, all three of our national newspapers, National Post, Globe and Mail, and Toronto Star, ganged up to bully me by choosing exactly the same picture - by the same photographer, of the same agency and with the same negative - for their front pages. (Back in the summer, I had told MSM about the bullying tactic of a Chinese language newspaper. I guess they all raced to the bottom.) And Margaret Wente did the same in her column that day.


So did Warren Kinsella in his blog the next day.


"January 7, 2004 - As per the previous entry, a regular (and twisted) reader has told me Liberal cabinet Minister Reginald Alcock "almost" had the URL http://www.regalcock.com/. That's a good one.


January 7, 2004 - Ha ha! Look at http://penisland.net/ - it ain't what you think, you naughty squirrel!" (Kinsella)


(Of course, I had suggested before that I suspected Reg Alcock had ulterior motive in ousting former Privacy Commissioner George Radwanski.)


Then there was the peculiar use of the word "picture" by the newly appointed Immigration Minister Joe Volpe on national TV on January 16, 2005.


"[The accuser] Harjit Singh has now been pictured as somebody who was completely unreliable." (Volpe)


On January 24, 2005, I posted another "major" blog entry about my experience with MSM in seeking justice for Cecilia Zhang. In drawing the conclusion on the current state of Canadian MSM, I paraphrased Charlie Munger, Warren Buffett's business partner.


"To say Canadian journalism – which is essentially liberal (sic) journalism – is a sewer is an insult to sewage."


Kinsella recognized it and charged me with flattery the next day (January 25). But how did he make his point? With a picture, of course.


On February 4 , he would use the following sentence of a similar structure to smear Judge Gomery.


"To say that Gomery Pyle is spending taxpayer money like a drunken sailor would be to sully the reputation of drunken sailors everywhere." (Kinsella)


You see where he was going with his attack on Gomery? (More on this later. -- Updated.)


The last time I saw Kinsella bullying me with a picture was on April 6. – After weeks of virtual blog inactivity, I had "fired up the old P.C." (Kinsella, April 4) and sent out some emails and posted some comments on the Internet in order to bring traffic to my blog after Brault's testimony at Gomery. (The Post headline he was referring to that day, I guess, was FONDA REVEALS ALL.)


"April 6, 2005 - I don't ever comment here on client matters, ever, and I'm not about to start. But a colleague at work sent me this in regard to a headline on a story in today's Post, and I had a good laugh.Fear me? But why? I'm a nice guy." (Kinsella)


Today's picture, which appeared to show an old computer, was also directed at me. I blogged about my old laptop on February 1 (with dark humor). But Warren Kinsella seemed to have known it even before that. See his blog entries on November 29, 2004 and April 4, 2005.


"November 29, 2004 - What the cut line to the photo doesn't indicate is that this is the computer that is ACTUALLY IN USE RIGHT NOW at the Department of Homeland Security." (Kinsella)


"April 4, 2005 - Yesterday was busy with family stuff. So I didn't get a chance to fire up the old P.C. (that's Personal Computer, not Progressive Conservative, two terms that have always struck me as oxymoronic) until after the kids were tucked in bed." (Kinsella)


In Kinsella's picture blog on April 6, he asked if I was fearful of him. Frankly, it did bothered me a lot. But I have come to the conclusion that their bullying was really a reflection of Liberals' fear of my little blog, a blog produced with my obsolete PC while I stayed in a bunk at a homeless shelter.


So what is their fear?


The talk about racism, loudly and with dignity.