Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The story behind Gomery (4): Chretien's words

Some quotes from fomer prime minister Jean Chretien's testimony at Gomery on or around February 8, 2005 and why they caught my eye.

++++++++++

  1. February 7, 2005. When chased by reporters about his upcoming appearance at Gomery, Chretien joked: "you're missing me, eh?"
  2. December 26, 2004. "Have you been missing me?" is the title of my blog.

++++++++++

  1. February 8, 2005. "To call them Westmont cheap -- it would be an oxymoron", Chretien avenges Gomery for his "small-town cheap" comment.
  2. August 23, 2004. "Moron vs. Mormon" is the title of my blog which, by the way, sent Kinsella packing.
  3. July 19, 2004. "Boy, is that Matt Drudge guy ever an asshole. What a moron." Kinsella blogged on the day after I emailed him, among other journalists, my 2nd release titled "Stolen Election".

++++++++++

  1. February 8, 2005. "I was not going to sin by not acting", Chretien testified.
  2. February 7, 2005. "Sorry, I sinned!" is the title of my blog.
  3. February 10, 2005. To be a tough guy is never having to say sorry. -- Margaret Wente commented in her column on the Globe.

++++++++++

  1. February 8, 2005. "And even now, I don't listen to the news before going to bed, it's the best way to ensure a good night's sleep." Chretien testified.
  2. Since last summer. I have disclosed, on many occasions, that sleeping is my major problem because of what's going on in my life.

++++++++++

  1. February 8, 2005. "If you don't have any money and it's raining in your house, you still call in the plumber," Chretien testified.
  2. February 3, 2005. "For some people, money is not everything. For others, apparently, it's just too hard for them to understand." I blogged.