Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The story behind Gomery (2)

I was quite depressed over the Christmas period and did not blog much until January 5 when I put up the summary of the connections to Cecilia Zhang case on my blog.

MSM

This significant blogging activity of mine resulted in immediate MSM's attacks. Those attacks include letting me know about my exposed pictures. Stalking me online, as well as letting me know that I was stalked online, is also a form of bullying. I have written about those here.

Of course, Warren Kinsella was part of the attack, as I alluded to in the same entry. In addition, on January 7, he warned website owners in his blog about the legal risk of running a comment section. (Adam Radwanski blogged about Toronto's imagined lawlessness on January 6.) Their writings were in response to my posting comments on a few Cecilia Zhang-related websites in order to generate interest in my blog, right after posting the summary. (I told you I am without privacy!)

Chretienites and Gomery

On Tuesday January 11, - the first day of Gomery inquiry after the Christmas, - Jean Chretien's lawyer David Scott "made a surprise appearance at the hearing" to object to newspaper interviews Gomery gave before Christmas. Scott also said that he's considering asking Justice John Gomery to step down.

Kinsella appeared at the hearing later that month and continued his attack on Judge Gomery in his blog.

Mulroneyites

On January 17, I called MacAdam again. He sounded surprised and upset that McRae had not contacted me. He said he was going to talk to McRae.

The following day, McRae called and left me a message. When I called him back, he did not sound very enthusiastic about writing my story. But he did not even ask me what my story was all about. It appeared that he already knew about my story.

He asked me to call him back the following week. I sensed that I needed to write another major summary, which I did.