Sunday, June 26, 2005

The story behind Gomery (8): MSM Nuts-cracking in early February

Next, let's take a look some of the nuts-cracking stuff out of MSM in early February.

The original nuts

The original nuts came from my blog entries of February 1 and February 2. In them you'll find the following key words or phrases: scare, laugh, ahem, etc.

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 01, 2005

Does this scare you?

A Gmail account. With 1GB file space! Holy cow, that's almost like another hard drive for my laptop.

Don't laugh.

Just imagine this: I could send each and every subscriber of National Post an email with links to my blog and website.

Does it scare you? Yeah, I know.

POSTED BY JIM YU AT 7:26 PM



And February 2:

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 02, 2005

C.L.S. vs. C.L.D.

Since I posted my last wordy document, reading newspapers has been making me laugh too much. -- How did I laugh? Oh, mon, I just wish you were there. -- We are definitely making progress.

Anyway. Here is something for you to laugh about.

Given the progress we made, some of the competitive spirit coming out of the Liberal camp deserves special commendation. Therefore, I am announcing - Ahem - the following rank awards:

Chief Liberal Squirrel (C.L.S.) to Warren Kinsella for the most squirrelish behavior, i.e., taking down his earlier blogs.

Chief Liberal Donut (C.L.D.) to Margaret Wente for the most donut-like behavior, i.e., crying for political doctors.

(Mr. Kinsella also cried for doctors last week, albeit doctors with a slightly different trait. This donut-like behavior, it should be noted, was quite unseemly for a squirrel, even a pervert one.)

POSTED BY JIM YU AT 7:57 PM

MSM Nuts-cracking

The next day, on the comment page (A14) of the National Post, three of the four articles made references to my blogs. (The other one was written by a former president of another country.)

Don Martin wrote:

The economies of, ahem, scale saved taxpayer $200,000 per year in operating expenses….

William Watson wrote:

The Swiss Navy used to be a joke, as oxymoronic as, say, Saskatchewan becoming a maritime province. Well, you can stop laughing. (Opening paragraph)

Adam Radwanski wrote:

For doing the liberal thing, rather than the Liberal thing, the government deserves the respect if not the approval of its opponents.

Mr. Radwanski was making a reference to my mistake in confusing Liberal with liberal in my second major blog posted about a week before. It's interesting to note that this Martin-friendly column drew praise from Warren Kinsella.

At the mean time on the Globe and Mail, I found that Lawrence Martin's column was entitled

It's been 10 years since the big scare.


Note that my blogs were posted around 11:00PM Eastern Time in the evening. It looked like those pundits were staying up so that they could crack a nut or two before their deadlines. However, the mystery is I don't know how they read my blog as my record says that none of them visited it.

My reply

Now that so many pundits were reading and cracking nuts off my blogs, I felt compelled to at least acknowledge their efforts. However, writing is not my cup of tea. So instead of responding to them individually, I wrote a summary:

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 03, 2005

Untitled

For some people, money is not everything.

For others, apparently, it's just too hard for them to understand.

(Thank you all and good night.)

POSTED BY JIM YU AT 8:00 PM


Pat MacAdam wrote a Sunday column on February 6 entitled "A slumber more sweet than toil". Thanks, eh?